Following last week’s credit card farce, I applied for another – Halifax Clarity – and was surprised to be accepted at the same limits as Tandem. There’s no cashback, which doesn’t really bother me, and no foreign exchange fees, which I do need. Result.
Started doing Couch to 5K, the main aim being to be in a fit state to do a Parkrun. I’ve learnt so far that where I live is very hilly, and I definitely have calf muscles.
Sunday saw another visit to Newark. Unlike the previous attempt, the Castle Barge was open but with a rather uninteresting beer range. Inevitably, I ended up in Just Beer instead.
Beers this week:
- Stod Fold – Best Bitter : The Pothole
- Littleover – The Panther : The Pothole
- Amber Ales – Doomsday : The Alex
- North Riding – Pecan Pie Porter : The Alex
- Marstons – Wainwright
- Black Sheep – Black Sheep
- Pheasantry – Nearly Dry January : Castle Barge
- Guinness – Guinness Draught : Castle Barge
- Black Iris – Rise and Shine : Just Beer
- Titanic – Chocolate and Vanilla Stout : Just Beer
- Gwynt y Ddraig – Two Trees : Just Beer
- Milestone – Rich Ruby : Prince Rupert