The week was generally uneventful, as most of the office had taken the week off. Managed to stretch two day’s work over four.
New Year’s Eve was a restrained affair. Couple of pints (the wooden cask OP) at The Alex followed by several in The Pothole. New Year’s Day was surprisingly hangover free; the empty pizza box I found in the bin likely suggests I got a midnight snack which probably assisted with that.
I meant to buy a new coat on Friday. Upon reaching Nottingham, I found in my email a £5 pound credit for Stonegate’s student line of pubs that was expiring that day. This resulted in an inevitable diversion away from the shops.
Saturday was spent in Manchester with @deltrems and a couple of other former colleagues from Blackpool. Apparently, a celebratory drink gets you a reprimand from a former traffic manager; so we had eight.
Beers this week:
- Theakston – Old Peculiar (Wood Cask) : The Alex
- Stockport – Stock Porter : The Pothole
- Littleover – King George : The Pothole
- Asahi Breweries [Italy] – Super Dry
- North Riding – Honey Stout : The Alex
- Pentrich – Brandreth : The Alex
- Shipstone/Hollow Stone – Krubera Stout : The Horn in Hand
- Bexley – Black Prince : Yarn
- Northern Monkey – Fall from Grace : Lass o’Gowrie
- Wessex? Ruby : Britons Protection
- Plum Porter : Peveril of the Peak
- Tetley – Cask Bitter : Circus
- Titanic – Choc/Vanilla Stout : Castle
- Boss – Loose Nut : Fringe
- Wilde Child – Excessive Behaviour : Crown & Kettle